What Are The Benefits of Affiliate Marketing?
Everyone is into Affiliate Marketing nowadays. Bloggers, YouTubers and even Instagram Influencers. All are talking about Affiliate Marketing, and how it can help earn money online to generate passive income. With the amount of noise Affiliate Marketing has been getting recently, you would have thought the system has become saturated. When in fact, Affiliate Marketing spending is expected to grow by at least 10% in the upcoming years. Even when ad blockers are getting better at what they do, Affiliate Marketing is not affected by this. In fact, it remains to be one of the largest sources of income earned online. The Affiliate marketing payout in the USA and Canada amount to 16%+ of e-commerce related orders.
Is Affiliate Marketing going to die down in a couple of years? Absolutely not. Does it help you make money online at home? Absolutely. A affiliate marketing is a way to go. Still having doubts? Read on to find out the benefits you can gain from Affiliate marketing as a product creator (merchant), affiliate marketer (publisher) or potential buyer (customer).
Benefits to the Product Creator (Merchant)
As with any kind of business, your main goal is to gain profit. Otherwise, what is the point right? You might as well give away products/services for free. Affiliate Marketing helps reinforce these three areas to guarantee your business’ success.
1. Brand visibility – No need to spend a big amount of money on staff and advertisement. Affiliate Marketers takes care of this for you. You are guaranteed constant exposure with less direct manpower. Imagine having 10 affiliate marketers post at least once a week about your product. That equates to 10 marketing campaigns, 10 websites/links that you didn’t spend any time to create, review or publish.
2. Targeted Audience – Social media influencers connect better with your target audience. Leveraging on their expertise saves you time and effort. You no longer have to think about maintaining engagement since they already handle this for you. They’ve built loyalty and trust with their followers which guarantees you the same client base as well.
3. Cost-effective – Running an affiliate program cost less than it normally would with other marketing campaigns. On top of that, payouts don ‘t get issued unless you’ve benefited in one way or the other. This may mean an increase in your website traffic, lead conversion or sales. Either way, you pay according to performance or results.
Benefits to Affiliate Marketer (Publisher)
While it is true that there are several ways to earn an online income, Affiliate Marketing offers the best option given the following:
1. Close to Zero Risk – There is no upfront cost. Your skill is your investment. You can write a blog, do a product review video or do a shootout on Instagram. All of which does not require any form of investment other than equipment or skills you already have. There are lots of website builders out there that offer free service, you can even host your website for free. Signing up for an affiliate account is easy when you have your website built with high-quality content.
2. The Largest Market Place on Earth – The internet is by far the most advanced technology innovation we already have. We live in a world that is connected via our computer or mobile devices. Stores being build online are more robust than a physical store built in the neighborhood. There are millions of affiliate offers on the internet today, there is always an affiliate offering for a particular niche of product or service.
3. Lucrative Source of Income- There’s no limit as to the number of affiliate programs you can apply to. You can have several affiliate marketing programs at one time as long as there’s no clause prohibiting you from doing so. You can choose which affiliate programs the best suit your audience, skills or experience. How much you earn is totally dependent on you.
4. Passive Income – You can earn over and over again from that same blog you’ve published months ago. As long as your content is relevant, you don’t need to revamp your website to earn money. This type of income is popularly known as “making money while you sleep”. Since literally you do nothing once your website is already established and continuously earning income.
5. Recurring Income – Is one of the best benefits of Affiliate Marketing, imagine a post you wrote in your blog in 2009 about a certain product review. Comes 2019, that same article gets click from the new traffic to your website. You keep earning from this small piece of article for as long as your website is live. You content sticks on the search engine.
6. No Inventory and Warehousing of Products – Unlike all physical stores, affiliate marketers do not need to invest in a location to house their product, neither to stock up product for inventory. The profit potential is sky is the limit, the opportunities are endless!
7. Very Minimal Operating Cost – As an affiliate marketer, the only expense you need to incur is for hosting your website and domain name. But there are free hosting services out there that you can try for a 30-day period. Some are free for life.
Benefits to Potential Buyers (Consumer)
Yes, even consumers benefit from Affiliate Marketing too!
1. Can weigh in options more carefully – How many times have you backed out from making a purchase because of a product review you’ve read online? Before affiliate marketing was born, the only way you could learn about the pros and cons of using a product is when you’ve already bought it. There wouldn’t be a way for you to know if the product is effective unless you’ve tried it yourself. With affiliate marketing, there’s a lot of information you can gather online to help you make the right decision. You can compare product features, cost, etc. just by reading through articles or videos you see online.
2. Can easily search for alternatives – The increase in marketing help see similar products and choose which one is right for you.
3. Avails merchants at a lower price (sales/discounts) – Majority of the time, affiliate marketers provides the product or service at a discounted price as long as you use their affiliate links in making the purchase. Definitely a win-win situation!
Regardless of whose perspective you consider, there is really nothing to lose in learning more about Affiliate Marketing. Affiliate Marketing won’t go away in the next couple of years. It has proven to be an effective tool in the world of advertising. Having learned all this, are you ready to make money through affiliate marketing this 2019?
Start a Free Affiliate Marketing Training now!